“God is really another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style. He just goes on trying other things.” – Pablo Picasso
As a creativity coach, author and theater director, I find that collecting inspirational quotations, can help grease the wheels and get the inspiration flowing. Here are my top 10 favorite quotes on art and Creativity.
10. Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of.– Geri Weitzman
9. Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.–Mary Lou Cook
8. But, if you have nothing at all to create, then perhaps you create yourself.–Carl Gustav Jung
7. You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London
6. Creativity – like human life itself – begins in darkness.– Julia Cameron
5. The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person.–Frank Barron
4. Another word for creativity is courage–George Prince
3. There’s room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. If you’re trying to be like somebody else, then there is isn’t. –Tori Amos
2. Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.–Ray Douglas Bradbury
1. Every act of creation is first an act of destruction. — Pablo Picasso
The group photo above is one of my creative clusters from an Artist Way Course I lead in 2006. I add a tantric interpretation to the course by Julia Cameron. I intend to start a 12 week journey later this fall, please message me if you’re called to join us.
The photographer for the woman in purple is unknown.